Krista Sheets focuses her practice primarily in the area of employment litigation, particularly wage-and-hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Ms. Sheets attended Penn State University, where she majored in Psychology and Criminal Justice and graduated with distinction. She was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. After graduation, Ms. Sheets attended Temple University Beasley School of Law in Philadelphia, PA, where she was a recipient of the Law Faculty Scholarship and a member of the Environmental Law & Technology Journal.
Following law school Ms. Sheets gained considerable litigation experience defending national insurance companies in first and third party property and bad faith claims in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Ms. Sheets married an active duty Army officer and began an adventure that took her across the country and around the world. She volunteered with the U.S. Army JAG Corps where she provided a variety of legal services to service members, retirees, and their families, before joining the Washington State Attorney General’s Office. As an Assistant Attorney General Ms. Sheets represented the Department of Social and Health Services in child abuse and neglect cases.
Ms. Sheets currently resides in Virginia. In her spare time she enjoys hiking and spending time at the beach with her husband, children, and dogs.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A. with distinction (2002)
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2005 (voluntarily inactive)
- Supreme Court of Washington, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2021
- U.S. District Courts Eastern and Western District of Arkansas, 2021
- Supreme Court of Virginia, 2022
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2022
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2022
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2022
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2022
Memberships & Associations
- Washington State Bar Association
- Military Spouse J.D. Network