Injured in a motorcycle accident?
Motorists know how dangerous and potentially deadly a motorcycle accident can be. Due to more exposure to the elements and a lack of protection, motorcycle crashes are known to cause catastrophic injuries. Even a low-speed collision can lead to severe, life-altering injuries or even result in death. If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle crash caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, a Little Rock motorcycle accident lawyer with Sanford Law Firm can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call our Arkansas injury attorneys at 501-501-HURT(4878) for a free case consultation.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Motorcycle riders and those in the vehicles around them are at risk of a variety of road hazards. Combining everyday road hazards like debris and inclement weather with negligent or reckless behavior can quickly lead to motorcycle wrecks. Here are a few other reasons why motorcycle accidents happen in Little Rock:
- Blind spots: motorcycles are much smaller than cars and trucks, so they can easily be hidden in a driver’s blind spot. This can lead to collisions when drivers change lanes or turn without checking their mirrors.
- Speed: speeding is a major factor in motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles are more difficult to control at high speeds, and they offer less protection to riders in the event of a crash.
- Distracted driving: distracted driving is a danger to everyone on the road, but it is especially dangerous for motorcyclists. When drivers are distracted, they are more likely to miss seeing a motorcycle or make a mistake that leads to a collision.
- Drunk driving: alcohol impairs a driver’s judgment, reaction time, and coordination, making it difficult for them to safely operate a vehicle. According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 82% of the fatal Arkansas motorcycle crashes in 2021 involved drunk driving.
- Defective parts: motorcycle accidents can also be caused by defective parts, such as brakes, tires, or steering components. If a motorcycle part fails, it can cause the rider to lose control of the vehicle and crash.
These are just a few of the common causes of motorcycle wrecks. A Little Rock motorcycle accident attorney with Sanford Law Firm can review your case and help determine if you are eligible for compensation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles lack the protective features of cars, such as a hood, top, side doors, and trunk. This makes motorcycle crashes much more dangerous than car or pedestrian accidents and increases the risk of life-altering injuries.
As a result, motorcycle riders are more likely to be thrown from their bikes and/or forcefully collide with another object and suffer any of these types of injuries:
When you are suffering from a severe injury, or dealing with the aftermath of the wrongful death of a loved one, dealing with the complicated legal aspects of a personal injury claim is the last thing you should be concerned with. A Little Rock motorcycle accident lawyer can help you handle all the legal work so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
Compensation After a Little Rock Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, you may be facing a number of financial challenges, including lost wages, medical bills, and even funeral costs. Insurance companies know this and may try to take advantage of you by offering you a quick, low settlement amount. Before you accept any settlement offer, it is important to speak with a Little Rock motorcycle accident lawyer.
One of our Arkansas personal injury lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
Some of the damages you may be able to recover in a motorcycle crash case include:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Funeral costs
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. With the help of an experienced lawyer from Sanford Law Firm, you can be sure to get the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Contact a Little Rock Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
As part of a Top 200 Litigation Firm in the nation, the team at Sanford Law has a long history of recovering high settlements for our clients. Along with a reputation for superior customer service, you can trust a Little Rock motorcycle accident attorney with our firm to see that you win your case. We will take care of the legal work so you can concentrate on your recovery and getting your life back.
Our team of Arkansas personal injury lawyers are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To get started on your free case consultation, you can reach us by phone at (800) 615-4946 or you can schedule your free consultation through the calendar below.